Ecorys is focused on further strengthening its current position in the EU market. Working in an established team of experts, the senior consultant will be expected to advance our business potential and track record in the EU market in the areas of regional, rural and climate policy.
You will join the Water & Regional Economics team that consists of 15 professionals working on national, EU and international projects in the area of regional policy. The senior consultant will be based in Rotterdam but is expected to travel abroad (especially Brussels, but also to other countries).
As Senior Consultant EU Market on Regional Policy you will mainly be working on a broad range of EU assignments throughout the company with emphasis on regional, rural and climate policies. You will also be active in adjacent areas in the Dutch market and, where possible, other international markets.
As a senior consultant you are an expert on EU regional policy, cohesion policies and funds, and possibly also on climate change topics. You have a strong client network in the European Commission institutions (especially DG’s Regio, Clima, Environment and/or Agri) and also in related Dutch client systems. You will be responsible for exploiting your network and developing new markets and client relations. Together with the team you will also be involved in writing project proposals, executing research and consulting assignments, giving trainings and implementing projects.
- MSc or PhD in Economics, Economic Geography, Spatial or Social Sciences or an other relevant topic, complemented by at least 6 years relevant working experience;
- Background as a policy maker or researcher with proven consultancy experience;
- Relevant network at European Commission level institutions and some managing authorities for EU Funds and also in related Dutch client systems ;
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of EU regional, rural and climate change policies;
- Highly motivated with strong communication-, marketing-, and business development skills;
- International work experience (especially having worked on assignments in Brussels, but also other countries) is an important asset;
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing); being able to communicate and work in Dutch is a requirement.
The selection procedure may include an assessment. To apply please send us your motivation letter and CV, using our online application form.
For more information about the position please contact:
Rik van Terwisga, Sector leader Water & Regional Economics.
M +316 533 80 364
Sound analysis, inspiring ideas