Ecorys has accumulated a wealth of Macroeconomics and Public Finance Management (PFM) expertise in countries all over the world. We have in-depth understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of macro-fiscal and PFM systems and offer tailor-made reform solutions. We are a premier supplier of PFM and macroeconomic assessments, monitoring and evaluations, as well as PFM training for donor agencies and governments. The Ecorys Finance and Accountability team has a strong track record in fields such as strategic planning, budget formulation and MTEFs, budget execution, performance budgeting, and fiscal decentralization. We are also specialized in supporting (independent) budgetary oversight as exercised by Parliaments, Supreme Audit Institutions and Civil Society. Most of our in-house experts also supplement their PFM expertise with a sector focus (e.g. education, social protection, health, private sector development, agriculture).
Sample projects, please contact us for specific references:
- Capacity Building support to the Ministry of Finance in Zambia (EU-funded);
- Support to the National Audit Office, the Public Accounts Committee and CSOs for strengthening domestic accountability in Malawi (KfW-funded);
- Strengthening Strategic Planning and Budget Preparation in Bangladesh (World Bank-funded)
- Technical Assistance for sub-national capacity building in payroll and PFM in South Sudan (EU-funded)
- Evaluation of the European Commission’s Mechanism of Delegated Cooperation (EU-funded)